Nurse: Ally Kloeg
Ally Kloeg has experience in Cardiology/General Medicine, Emergency Care, and as a Heart Clinic Nurse here at Bakerfield. The clinic focuses on preventing health problems and helping you manage ones you already have. Appointments are 30mins long and are one-on-one consultations. If you have never seen Ally before, the first visit is free for enrolled patients otherwise a follow-up visit is standard $15. You can be referred by your doctor or you can book an appointment yourself if:
- You have been told you have high blood sugars (HbA1c) pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol.
- You have a family history of strokes, heart attacks or heart disease (including high cholesterol, stents or bypass surgery), and want your own risk assessed.
- You are curious about/have been told you need to quit smoking. The clinic has resources, information, Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Smoking Cessation Referrals, Information about Vaping. (We know this is a sensitive subject and we promise to support you and provide information - never to pressure you!)
- Your weight is up. We have loads of resources available and can refer you to a Nutrition Clinic, our Weight Management Program, Big Boys/Big Girls Club, Green Prescription, Get off the Couch and more.
- You have one or more chronic health problems and would like to be enrolled in the PPC Program (Planned Proactive Care) including if you need medication packaging (blister packs).
- You have a child who is overweight or obese and would like some support, resources or referrals (We know this is a sensitive issue and we focus on fostering a positive body image and good health as your child grows into their weight)
- You want to understand your gout and how to manage it
- You want your risk of heart attacks and strokes assessed and are
- Male and over 30 years if Maori, Pacific or Indian
- Male and 45 years for other ethnicities.
- Female and 40 if Maori, Pacific or Indian
- Female and over 55 for other ethnicities